In 1875 the Bar Harbor Village Library was located in a building on Ledgelawn Avenue with 176 volumes and $20.
The present library located on Mount Desert Street was designed by architects Delano and Aldrich of New York and built by local Chester Hodgkins in 1909.
Mrs. Maria Jesup presented the Jesup Memorial Library to Bar Harbor on August 30, 1911 in memory of her husband, Morris Ketchum Jesup.
Selected Jesup Memorial Library images:
- Public Library, Bar Harbor, ca. 1935
- Entrance to Hauterive, Bar Harbor, ca. 1899
- Newport House, Bar Harbor, ca. 1909
- Cathedral Rock, Bar Harbor, ca. 1902
- St. Saviour's Church, Bar Harbor, 1917
- High School, Bar Harbor, ca. 1909
- Bar Harbor and Mountains, Mount Desert Island, ca. 1960
- Italian Garden, Bar Harbor, ca. 1910
- Bass Harbor Head Light, ca. 1950
- Point D'Acadie, Bar Harbor, ca. 1910
- Chatwold, Bar Harbor, ca. 1920